January 12, 2018

Beautiful Times


 This is a quick update on the grandkids....though it is very picture heavy!
Several months ago, I am sad to say, Jessica and Allie left the family. Divorce is ugly, though I will say, it was not as sad as when Rachel and Bud divorced. A mama knows when things are not right and, though Jess is a beautiful girl, she is a girl that needs freedom to have open relationships. My son and grandkids are flourishing, like never before! The bonus was, I was able to keep TJ and Emerson for a couple of weeks over the summer. Mason came several times to spend long weekends, and he was a delight too. 
We kept very busy, making a day trip to the Cave of the Mounds on the other side of our state, 
 We took them to Holy Hill, where they could see 4 states at once.
We made a trip over to Nancy's Notions! Emerson was thrilled. The guys, not so much. 
 Emerson learned to sew on her new (grandma's old) machine. She made pillows for days!

She also hand sewed her great great grandmother's buttons to make a pillow.

 She and TJ  both made breakfast several times.

 And we took a trip to the zoo, that was so much fun, we plan to make it a yearly thing.


  It wore us all out, but it was a blast.
 We ate out a LOT and shopped just as much!


 And that Mason...he is SUCH a daddy's boy. I never saw a kid so attached to their dad. He did break away to spend time with us up here in Wisconsin. I enjoyed him so much. He is such a character.
Life without these little people would not be the same. They make me want to be better, and to make a difference in their lives. It's the most beautiful part of this beautiful life!
I'll share a more quilty update next time. This time, though, Emerson will be thrilled to see a new tag with her name!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, so good to see a pist from you at least I know you are alive and well. I miss your posts, guess I shouldn't be too hard on you I haven't posted since we moved, then our year didn't start out very good. I fell and broke my shoulder, Rogers mom was hit by a car and broke her hip, Rogers uncle passed away and his brothers cancer came back! We are thinking of starting our new year in April :) blessings joann allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the article, I was very excited to read it also check
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ចាក់បាល់

    ReplyDelete